At a glance
- For policies purchased from Zurich, personal lines and for Zurich Insurance policies purchased through All Clear Travel Insurance
- Monarch airlines has ceased trading from 2 October 2017. Customers should be advised to view the full information and advice on their website: https://monarch.caa.co.uk/
- As a result, we are sorry to inform you that, as of 2 October 2017, all future holidays and flights provided by these companies have been cancelled and are no longer operating
Advice updated 02/10/2017
Please see information below relating to Monarch Airlines for you and your customers.
For policies purchased from Zurich, personal lines and for Zurich Insurance policies purchased through All Clear Travel Insurance.
Monarch Airlines has ceased trading from 2 October 2017. Customers should be advised to view the full information and advice on their website: https://monarch.caa.co.uk/.
Monarch has confirmed that the following companies have ceased trading and now entered administration:
- Monarch Airlines Ltd
- Monarch Holidays Ltd (ATOL Number 2275)
- First Aviation Ltd (ATOL Number 4888) previously trading as Monarch Airlines
- Avro Ltd (ATOL Number 1939)
- Somewhere2stay Ltd
As a result, we are sorry to inform you that, as of 2 October 2017, all future holidays and flights provided by these companies have been cancelled and are no longer operating.
Customers already abroad
If you are currently abroad and due to return to the UK on or before 15 October 2017 we are making arrangements for you to return home to the UK on a new flight, at the end of your holiday. These new flights will be at no extra cost to you.
We will of course prioritise vulnerable passengers, including unaccompanied minors, and make sure that family groups travel on the same flights.
For further advice and details of your new flight please read I am currently abroad.
If you are currently abroad and due to return to the UK after this date, please read the additional information section.
Customers yet to travel out of the UK
We are sorry to inform you that all future holidays and flights booked with Monarch are now cancelled as of 2 October 2017.
If you are booked on a Monarch Airlines flight, please do not go to your UK airport, as your flight will not be operating.
Further information is available at I have a future booking and have not travelled yet.
This is an unprecedented situation and because there are up to 110,000 passengers abroad, the UK Government has asked the CAA to coordinate flights back to the UK for all Monarch customers currently overseas. These new flights will be at no extra cost to you.
1. If you purchased a Zurich Travel Insurance policy before 02/10/2017 follow the advice provided by Monarch on their website https://monarch.caa.co.uk/.
Please note that:
- If you are already abroad and your return flight date has been altered your policy will remain in force without additional premium for up to 14 days;
- We will not cover any claim due to circumstances known to you at the start date of your cover or at the time of booking a trip (whichever is later).
2. If you have purchased a Standard or Extra Zurich Travel Insurance policy through zurich.co.uk before 02/10/2017 you may have cover for Scheduled Airline Failure as follows:
We will pay up to the limits specified in the schedule of benefits (for the level of cover you have selected) for each insured person named on the Airline Ticket for either:
1. Financial failure of the scheduled airline before your trip has started, the amount you have already paid to the scheduled airline for your unused flight ticket (which is not recoverable by any other means).
2. Financial failure of the scheduled airline after your trip has started:
a) the additional cost of a one way trip (of a similar standard to that which you had already booked) to replace the original flight arrangements, if you have been offered no other alternative means of travel.
b) the pro rata amount you have already paid to the scheduled airline for your unused flight ticket for your original return flight to the United Kingdom (which is not recoverable by any other means).
Please note that customers should first attempt to obtain a refund from the airline, ATOL (for Monarch Holidays/ travel agent bookings), credit card provider or debit card provider. Refer to the policy wording for full terms and conditions.
If you are considering buying a new policy from Zurich Travel Insurance following the administration of Monarch Airlines please note that we cannot provide cover if you purchased your policy on or after 02/10/2017.