At a glance
- At Zurich, we are committed to the SME sector and to helping brokers meet their customers’ needs
- Our enhanced SME proposition includes an extra five products available on our e-trading platform ZTrade
- We’ve also responded to broker feedback and made ZTrade quicker and simpler to use
Responding to the challenges faced by today’s small and medium-sized businesses isn’t easy.
Your customers face a range of new and emerging threats, such as cyber crime and online reputational damage, alongside the ever-present risks of major losses causing business interruption.
We are determined to find new ways of working with brokers to help you grow your business and help SMEs grow theirs. Here’s how.
A quicker and simpler e-trading platform for brokers
We have also listened to broker feedback and made significant improvements to the functionality of our e-trading platform, ZTrade. These improvements include:
- Speed and ease of use – we’ve made further improvements to the platform to make sure you can generate both indicative prices and full quotes in less time
- Postcode referrals for flood risks – we have fine-tuned our flood risk referrals on property business meaning that more medium flood risks are accepted and do not prompt an automatic referral
- Alternative quotes – you can now create alternative quotes easily on the platform to help you get the best quote for your customers
- Print management – the generation of documents is now more efficient and robust ensuring that documents are always available whenever you need them.
5 new products now available on ZTrade
We have added five products to our e-trading platform – Commercial Car, Commercial Vehicle, Small Fleet, Trades and Professions, and Personal Accident and Business Travel.
Jo Shaw, Head of SME Transformation, Zurich, says: “We’re confident these products will provide brokers with the proposition they need to support their customers. We’ve now got 13 products live on ZTrade, which is a far broader product set than previously.”
Here are some key features of the products we’ve added to ZTrade:
- Small Fleet is now up to 20 vehicles and no longer requires declarations
- Commercial Vehicle provides like-for-like courtesy vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes (except specialised vehicles) while the customer’s vehicle is being repaired
- Commercial Car allows the insured to get their car repaired without informing us first
- Trades and Professions offers Contractors All Risks cover for selected trades, with optional covers including contract works, owned plant and hired-in plant
- Personal Accident and Business Travel includes high limits to cover a catastrophic event
The everyday stresses of running a business can lead to unexpected challenges, so we have introduced a range of value-added services for SME customers.
We’re fully committed to the SME sector and we’re confident the changes we’ve made to expand our product set and improve our platform functionality will support our brokers and customers alike.”
Jo Shaw, Head of SME Transformation, Zurich
These range from an online reputation management service, cyber and legal helplines through to our Virtual Consulting tool, which helps customers understand how to mitigate the risks that most frequently lead to loss in their industry.
This recent article has more details on these value-added services.
Award-winning SME proposition
In June we became SME Magazine’s Small Business Insurer of the Year – an award voted for by customers – in recognition of the strength of our products and claims service.
Our enhanced SME proposition builds on this award-winning offering, and makes it easier than ever for brokers to source the right cover for their customers.
Jo concludes: “We’re confident we’ve got strong competitive propositions and a platform that is quicker and easier to use, so we’re encouraging our brokers to give us a try.
“We’re fully committed to the SME sector and we’re confident the changes we’ve made to expand our product set and improve our platform functionality will support our brokers and customers alike.”