At a glance
- Zurich are the first UK general insurance company to have affiliated organisation membership with the Institution of Fire Engineers
- Zurich's membership with the IFE, means our engineers are trained to the highest standard
- Zurich's Risk Engineers work in partnership with our customers to ensure we respond flexibly to changes in their risk landscape
Zurich are the first UK general insurance company to have affiliated organisation membership with the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) – the international organisation for fire professionals – demonstrating our Risk Engineers experience, expertise and competence.
Who are the Institution of Fire Engineers?
- The IFE assesses knowledge of fire and professional experience
- It awards internationally recognised membership grades and fire-related qualifications
- It registers suitably qualified IFE members as Chartered Engineers (CEng), Incorporated Engineers (IEng) and Engineering Technicians (Eng Tech) – through its Engineering Council
Zurich’s membership with the IFE, means our engineers are trained to the highest standard – one that’s recognised internationally – and they keep abreast of developing technologies, using this knowledge to help protect our customers.
Mark Almond, Risk Analyst Zurich Insurance explains what it takes to be recognised “There are many big boxes to tick, but to realise your full potential and be the best, you’ve got to put in the effort. You have to show and evidence competence and commitment on;
- Knowledge and understanding
- Design and development of processes, systems, services and products
- Responsibility, management or leadership
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Professional commitment
“All of our Field Staff complete these five areas as part of their job role and have provided evidence to achieve these.”
Gary Howe, Senior Fire Protection Engineer Zurich Insurance outlined why it’s important for our customers in the UK, “We’ve all worked hard to ensure our practices and procedures meet the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC); including training and development, training records, mentoring, governance, capability, audit and continuous professional development.
“Being part of the IFE and risk engineering community and recognised by the UK Engineering Council for our industry expertise, is something I’m really proud of.”
The services we offer
We work in partnership with our customers and their advisors to develop long-term working relationships that ensure we can respond flexibly to changes in their risk landscape.
Our broad range of capabilities include on-site and remote services to help you deal successfully and holistically with your risks. Whether it’s property protection, occupational health and safety, work-related road risk management or business continuity advice, we can help provide the answer your customers are looking for.
Click here for more information about Risk Engineering or speak to your local Zurich contact.