At a glance
- Zurich’s new Engineering Combined product simplifies an often complex process for brokers
- It provides a unique offering of both insurance and inspection covers under a single policy
- Brokers will find the product quick and easy to use, with multiple cross-sell opportunities
You don’t have to be an expert to sell engineering insurance.
That is the premise behind Zurich’s latest offering to brokers, which is designed to be quick and easy to use, and to provide brokers with multiple cross-sell opportunities in an area that is perhaps underexplored.
This new policy is the first offering to market that combines insurance and inspection covers in one simple policy. The result is an engineering solution for SME and Corporate businesses with commercial plant, computers, machinery and installations.
Download our Combined Insurance and Inspection Sales Aid to learn more about the product, policy, unique selling points and appetite.
Customers will receive a schedule clearly showing what is and isn’t covered – this is a good selling point for brokers to show the customer what is potentially at risk. As a result of this simplicity, the new product is designed to give brokers the necessary confidence to ensure that their customers have the right cover in the right places. It also presents a great opportunity to up-sell and add additional lines to those customers that don’t have necessary levels of cover.
“In one simple offering we have clearly demonstrated what is covered and what is not,” says Jason Knowles, Head of Engineering at Zurich. “When we first pitched the idea of a combined product, we worked with a panel of more than 100 brokers. A staggering 89% of whom said they would be interested in a combined product, and would also recommend such a policy to their customers.
“The overwhelming response and interest made it so much easier to develop something brokers wanted, and that they felt there was a gap in the market for.”
- Specialist Engineering Underwriters: Zurich Engineering has been established for more than 80 years, with dedicated insurance experts for each policy area ready to help you and your customers
- Inspection Excellence: Each year, our 500 engineering inspectors undertake more than 4 million inspections across 120,000 locations, finding 300,000+ defects. We consistently deliver inspections on time, making Zurich the number one inspection provider in the UK
- Expert Claims: Dedicated UK-based claims team with Engineering specialists
Most businesses from SMEs to Mid-Corporate companies have some level of plant or machinery. Engineering Combined provides end-to-end cover, alongside a schedule highlighting potential gaps in cover for total peace of mind. It includes cover for up to seven additional risks, which can be selected to match broker and customer needs.
The 7 Risks include:
- Computer Insurance
- Contractors’ Plant
- Machinery Movement
- Deterioration of Stock
- Machinery Breakdown
- Machinery Loss of Profits
- Contract Works
“The product cuts down on paperwork and the issue of documentation. It also cuts down minimum premiums, so it is a very cost-effective way to place numerous lines of engineering insurance cover,” says Jason.
“You don’t have to be an engineering expert to offer these other aspects of the cover – it’s very straightforward. And when you think of how you get a simple cross-sell and up-sell to your customers it would be really beneficial.
“Ultimately we’ve listened to feedback from our brokers, and provided the best possible solution in combining insurance with inspection.”
For more information please speak with your local Zurich contact.