At a glance
- We are pleased to announce that we have made enhancements to our Zurich Private Clients cover
- You will notice changes to documentation occurring throughout July for both Home and Motor policies
- If you have any questions or would like some more information, please speak with your usual Zurich Private Clients contact
We are pleased to announce that we have made enhancements to our Zurich Private Clients cover and you will notice changes to documentation occurring throughout July for both Home and Motor policies.
Please see the below Amendment to Cover notices which include the full details, some of the highlights are listed below.
Home policy enhancements:
- Jewellery limit per item has been increased from £15,000 to £25,000
- Fine art & antiques limit per item has been increased from £25,000 to £50,000
- The sums insured for specified valuables, fine art and antiques will now be index-linked each year
- New Acquisitions notification period has increased from 60 to 90 days
- Extended cover to include contract works up to 20% of sum insured or £1,000,000, whichever is less
- We have introduced Cyber Assistance to policies. It includes £100,000 cover for damage to home systems as a result of a cyber event
- Home Emergency cover of £1,500 now included as standard. Providing 24 hour access to approved repairers who will respond to emergencies
Motor policy enhancements:
- Breakdown cover now covers the policyholder and their partner if named on the certificate of motor insurance, as well as specific vehicles
- Increased alternative transportation costs limit from £3,000 to £5,000
Please note: New business customers will receive our enhanced covers when they take up a new policy (which will be evidenced by the new documents you receive). Existing Zurich Private Clients customers with current policies will benefit from a ‘cover enhancement clause’ already contained within that wording, which means they will automatically also enjoy these new cover enhancements too (apart from home emergency and cyber cover). Once we begin to roll your existing clients onto the new wording later in the year (renewals due circa December 2019 onwards) they will at that point have access to home emergency and cyber covers.
More information will follow soon on our Zurich Private Clients enhancements, but in the meantime if you have any questions or would like some more information, please speak with your usual Zurich Private Clients contact.